Updated: July 16, 2018
The Virtual Paralegal, LLC
The terms “you” and “your” refer to any visitor to the website, including (i) casual visitors to our site, who do not participate in the services (“Site Visitors”), and (ii) users who register with our website to inquire about our products and services.
What Information Is Collected?
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way, such as via telephone, electronic mail, online or otherwise. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Contact Information: We only collect and retain personal contact information that you submit to us voluntarily and this includes, but is not limited to, your name, mailing address, web address, telephone number, and e-mail address. Such contact information may be used, for example, to communicate with you when necessary with respect to transactions and services. Additionally, we may collect contact information provided to us during any correspondence relating to customer support or providing you with products and services. We do not collect information from site visitors of our website. We do not obtain personally-identifying information about you unless you choose to provide such information to us, nor will such information be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without the approval of the user at the time of collection.
- Demographic Information: Our website provider may collect and store anonymous demographic information (such as your zip code), and use this data to tailor your experience on our websites, provide content that you might be interested in, perform general improvements to our website, and display the content according to your preferences. Such demographic information may be shared with partners, market researchers and other third parties on an aggregate, non-personally identifiable basis. No personally identifiable information will be linked to such aggregated demographic information that is shared with third parties.
- Anonymous Information: This is information that does not include your name, address, phone number and email address (personally identifiable information), and may include statistical information concerning, for example, your use of our services or the pages on our website that you visit most frequently. When you visit our website a log of activities and other information may be recorded in our server log files. We may collect data about your browsing, searching and buying activity as you interact with our site. We may collect and use your IP address, web addresses of the sites you come from and go to next and information about your network connection, as well as information about your device’s browser, operating system, platform type and Internet connection speed. We use this information for website statistics and to improve the website. We may use Anonymous Information to analyze the effectiveness of our website, to improve our services, and for other similar purposes. In addition, from time to time, we may undertake or commission statistical and other summary analyses of the general behavior and characteristics of users participating in our services and the characteristics of Visitors at our website, and may share Anonymous Information in aggregate with third parties. We may collect Anonymous Information through features of the software that supports our services, through cookies, and through other means.
- Other Information: Our website provider collects and stores certain types of information whenever you interact with our website. For example, servers track the type of web browser you are using and the page from which you link. Additionally, we log IP addresses (a unique number assigned to every computer on the Internet) in order to improve security, analyze trends and administer our website. Our website provider may track your movement within our website, the third-party website pages from which you were referred, access times and browser types. Our website provider uses this information to gauge the effectiveness of our website, track information for statistical purposes and to improve products and services. We may use such information for marketing purposes, and to display information to you that we believe might be of interest. In addition, such information may be shared with partners, market researchers and other third parties on an aggregate, non-personally identifiable basis. No personally identifiable information will be linked to such aggregated information shared with third parties. Our website provider may supplement the information you provide us by acquiring publicly or commercially available information as available in the public domain or from third parties, for instance, to verify your address or to update your information and to create a profile of your preferences and tie your personally identifiable information to information in the profile, in order to improve the content of the website for you or to inform you about products or services that we think will be of interest to you.
- Cookies: The website may use "cookie" technology for such purposes as enhancing your online experience by making it easier for you to navigate through the website and making certain features work better. Cookies are text files which are commonly deposited by websites on a user's hard drive when the user visits a website. The file identifies a user's computer and can record the user's preferences and other data about the user's website visit. We do not extract information about individual users during this process. Your web browser may enable you to disable cookies, but please note that certain services may not function correctly without it and your experience on our website may be hindered.
- Third Party Cookies: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect and use information about your visits to this and other websites and your interaction with our products and services in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. However, no personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, email address or telephone number) will be connected with such information. They may use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services and may be used to keep track of user response to each advertisement. These targeted advertisements may appear on our Websites or on other sites that you visit. The anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag or cookies, which are industry standard technologies used by most major websites. If you do not want such companies to collect this information you may opt-out.
To learn more about the use of this information or choose not to have this information used by certain third-party advertising partners, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices or go tohttp://www.adobe.com/privacy.html. Please note that if you delete your cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
- Telephone Recording and Monitoring: We do not record telephone calls or have any third-parties monitor telephone calls. If we need to have a conference call for service delivery with you and another party, we will inform you beforehand to receive your authorization prior to the other party being joined on the call.
- Emails: If you identify yourself by sending us an e-mail containing personal information, then the information collected will be solely used to respond to your message. If you received a mailing from us, our records indicate that (a) you have provided your email or mobile address for the purpose of receiving information in the future (“opt-in”) though our website, or through other channels, or (b) you have registered with us or otherwise have an existing relationship with us or have logged on to one or more of our services, or (c) a friend or acquaintance has provided us with your email address indicating you would be interested in receiving information. We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings. If you believe you have received unwanted, unsolicited email sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, please forward a copy of that email or other communication with your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org for review. Each email sent contains an easy, automated way for you to cease receiving email from us, or to change your expressed interests. If you wish to do this, simply follow the SafeUnsubscribe™ or Update Profile links at the end of any email. We will remove your personally identifiable information from our list as soon as reasonably practicable. If, however, you log on to the services after your request to cease receiving emails or your name is submitted by friends or acquaintances, you may again be placed on or email list.
- Our Use: We receive and store any personal information you enter on our website or give to us voluntarily in any other way and, as permitted by law, may use it to contact you from time to time. We may contact you by telephone at the number that you provided upon registration, and may also send you information or offers from time to time to the postal address or email address we have on file. You further acknowledge that you are not required to agree directly or indirectly or enter into an agreement regarding our marketing efforts as a condition of purchasing any goods or services from us or our affiliates. If you would prefer not to receive marketing communications from us, please contact The Virtual Paralegal, LLC’s Privacy Officer, Giovanni Neal, at:
- Sharing and Usage: We do not sell or rent individual personally identifiable information (your name, address, phone number and email address) with unaffiliated third parties for their promotional use without your advance permission. You understand we may provide your individual personal information to others in the following situations:
- Agents and Service Providers: Our website provider may engage other companies, individuals, and affiliates to perform certain functions and/or services. Examples may include processing credit card payments, hosting or maintaining the website and providing services related to the website, removing repetitive information from customer lists, and offering electronic mail services, and other functions necessary to our business. Your contact and financial information may either be collected by or shared with such third parties as necessary. We will only provide information necessary to perform their functions. Our website provider may also contract with service providers to provide data collection and reporting services. When you visit our website, those service providers may collect information on our behalf about you in order provide us with aggregated data about our customers to assist us in conducting our business and delivering the more relevant products and services to our customers.
- Disclosure Required by Law: We or our website provider may release account and other personal information when we are required to do so by law, court order, subpoena or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, to enforce agreements, or when we believe in good faith that disclosing this information is necessary or advisable, including for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or our website provider or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection, credit risk reduction or other similar purposes. We may retain your information in our files after you terminate all your services with us to resolve disputes, enforce an agreement, and to adhere to the technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity and operation of our website.
- Employees: Information submitted to us is available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you emails based on your request for information, and to contracted service providers for purposes of providing services relating to our services and systems.
- Business Sale, Transfer or Reorganization: We shall be entitled to transfer to a third party personally identifiable information, in connection with a sale or reorganization of the business, including, without limitation, a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of the business entity responsible for the information under this Policy, provided the acquiring third party has agreed to safeguard such information with protections that are in all substantially similar to those set out in this Policy.
How We Protect Your Information
- We use security measures designed to protect against the loss of and unauthorized access to data stored by our system. We also instruct our employees regarding this policy and the permitted use of date on our system. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
- Our security measures are structured to deter and prevent hackers and others from accessing information you provide to us. Please understand, though, that is not a warranty that the security measures are fail proof. Due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, we cannot guarantee that the information you provide us will remain free from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access.
- For Site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, we use software and applicable anti-virus programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- We do provide services or products to any person under the age of 18. We request that no one under the age of 18 utilize this site.
- We recognize the importance of children’s safety and privacy on the Internet. For this reason, and to comply with certain laws, we do not intentionally collect or attempt to collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13, nor do we offer content targeted to children under 13. Children should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before using any site or disclosing any information online. You can also obtain additional information about safe surfing through the Federal Trade Commission Website (www.ftc.gov).
This Policy must be read in conjunction with our Site Terms and Conditions of Use, and the provisions of our Site Terms and Conditions of Use are incorporated herein. To the extent the Site Terms and Conditions of Use conflict with the terms of this Policy, the terms of this Policy will control.
The Virtual Paralegal, LLC
10097 Riverside Dr.
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410